What should I do when my Manchester home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the many risks you might experience, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Manchester home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be shocking, confusing, and might provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and follow these simple tips.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Manchester Goes Off
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to assess the situation. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency yourself but instead allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to do their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your priority should be your family and leading them out of danger. In the case of a break-in, this might include moving to a designated secure area as far from access points as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to exit your residence without delay.
- Grab your cell phone. The vast majority of individuals keep their phones with them at all times these days, but you might neglect to grab it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and get updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Manchester goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will spring to action. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. For instance, when the emergency is of a medical nature, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before help is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you through the command hub. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a position to interact with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Help will still be dispatched even when you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Manchester
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Manchester from Vivint. Dial (802) 944-4500 to start customizing your property’s security today.