How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Manchester smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Manchester home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Manchester do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- View real-time or saved footage from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Manchester by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Manchester
Despite the fact that various users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, select phone or email and submit the information to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Manchester security system. Dial (802) 944-4500 to get started.